The rate at which companies are outsourcing IT and application services is continuing to increase as they seek to improve their performance and reduce costs. However, industry data shows that the high hopes for business returns through outsourcing often are not realized. The results fail to meet the promise for many reasons, from poor benchmarking of existing service levels, to inflexible contracts, to unanticipated technology change.
In response, leading companies are shifting to a best-of-breed outsourcing model that aligns specific needs of the organization with partners that excel at corresponding services.
At Extendime, we help clients address their outsourcing challenges in the areas of planning, implementing, and managing business applications.
For over a decade, clients have trusted Extendime to plan their investments in technology, design and implement projects that drive competitive advantage, and manage critical applications. Extendime's Application Outsourcing Model creates a measurable business value over an extended period of time.
To meet demands for the best application outsourcing in the industry, we apply our expertise in the client's industry, business processes, and technologies to reduce and control costs, improve their business agility, optimize their operational effectiveness, and improve the long-term performance of their organization and people.
Our track record for delivering the right results on time and on budget leads our industry, as do our high client satisfaction ratings. We combine this with our transparent onshore/offshore model to deliver superior return from outsourcing.
Extendime offers a compelling value proposition which combines:
- Professional Commitment on each and every assignment, regardless of size.
- Service Readiness via our superior process migration competencies.
- Service Assurance through our proven execution capabilities.
The execution model perfected by Extendime development practice, divides projects into different phases. Each of these phases is executed consistently either at the customer site or at our Development Centers located in US, India or Canada. Thus, Extendime can serve its clients by dedicating its infrastructure and resources exclusively. Customer Account Management team assigned to the customer work closely with them through its customer-focused project development approach. Application Outsourcing Model has the flexibility of assigning the execution model to the needs and sensitivities of the project and customer. This parallel execution method offers several advantages:
- In phases that require frequent interaction to and from the customer, Extendime enables its customers to benefit from control and clarity. In case of time zone differences, it reduces the time cycle increasing overall efficiency.
- The model also provides flexibility to the customer to ensure 24-hour key point contact through the DCAM Coordinator.
By clearly defining the scope of the project, our teams work in parallel utilizing effective proven processes to manage project communications, change requests and versions, deliver quality, etc. The ODC is a virtual extension of customer resources, leveraging the expertise and utilizing the infrastructure and R&D facilities of Extendime. ODC follows the highest quality methodologies and execution processes. Extendime also has strategic partnerships with companies to help deliver offshore solutions of the highest quality (CMM level 5 and level 4).
Software Development Projects are managed through distributed execution of different phases of the project. Extendime e-Business practice follows a methodical process flow for the project management process to ensure quality and on-time completion of the project. The steps followed during the project management process are:
- Life Cycle Model - Choose model based on nature of project and delivery model.
- Milestone/Phases - Identify different delivery milestones/phases.
- Project Risk Management - Track and prioritize risk conditions during entire life of project, based on its impact on project goals. Accordingly, identify, plan and execute mitigation steps.
- Project Plan - Prepare work plan, development plan and quality plan.
- Project Reviews & Monitoring - Conduct reviews during all phases of project. Monitor and mitigate steps to ensure progress.
Extendime has extensive experience in the commonly practiced SDLC models, such as Agile, Pure Waterfall, Evolutionary or Iterative enhancement models. Once the model has been selected, the various development phases are identified and planned for development. Well-defined and specific guidelines exist for other integral processes such as Version and Change Management.
- Version Management - Each of the project artifacts, along with backups, would be maintained in separate version control system such as Visual Source Cafe.
- Change Management - Change impact analysis is done before deciding to introduce the change. The criticality of the change and the effect on delivery are considered. With the components nature of development, changes are handled in a non-complicated and shortest possible time/route.
- Application Maintenance - The post implementation support consists of Global Help desk at remote development center and a Local Help desk situated in the geographic regions of customer locations. Suitable service level agreements can be reached that would ensure availability and performance with an ultimate aim of having a win-win situation.
Our development processes are made transparent to the customer using web-based reporting mechanisms. Our alliances with industry leaders such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle Corporation, HCL Technologies, Eonour, Comteq USA, Yipes Communications, etc. insures our solutions against technological obsolescence. We also help pioneering e-Business strategy, by working in close consultation with functional personnel. Our industry specialists, with their excellent grasp of technology issues, offer techno-business solutions.
As the market matures, numerous companies routinely outsource large components of their IS activities. IT is central to business initiatives such as reengineering, knowledge management, the creation of electronic channels of distribution, and the development of digital business strategies. The motivations for outsourcing are evolving from a primary focus on cost reduction to an emerging emphasis on improving business performance.
The traditional rationale of vendor economies of scale and specialization is becoming less convincing. While many companies still follow the traditional outsourcing model, several innovators are developing new models. Some firms outsource for strategic, not tactical; reasons, to exploit more fully the business benefits of IT. Some are pursuing entirely new roles for IT outsourcing and pioneering new paths for IT outsourcing relationships.
Extendime recognizes customer's needs to extend IT's contribution to critical business processes. Extendime creates a unique outsourcing joint venture to enhance career opportunities and gain access to a broader talent pool. Recognizing the benefits of providing its applications systems developers with an entrepreneurial culture and continually updated skills, Extendime helps corporations to restructure its organization and outsource systems delivery.
Customer Account Management Team addresses the very fundamental questions, like:
- How can IT outsourcing help a company achieve its strategic goals?
- What kinds of outsourcing relationships should it enter into?
- How can the incentives of client and vendor firms best be aligned through the sharing of risks and rewards?
- What must the management do to ensure the success of these arrangements?
The hallmark of Extendime's IT infrastructure is its completely modern facilities, equipped with leading edge hardware, software and network platforms, besides new-generation technology aids and comprehensive utilities.
Extendime is fully geared to establish communication and collaboration between transcontinental clients and teams - onsite, offsite and offshore, using VoIP technology in tandem with conventional means such as e-mail, telecom, bridge conferencing and video conferencing. Infinite also offers point-to-point connectivity to multiple client locations across the globe.
The Extendime corporate LAN has various servers for Mail, FTP, Proxies, Web Hosting, DHCP, Application, Database, Domain and Virus wall.
Stringent security measures protect data and networks against intrusion, while uncompromising physical securities and back-up strategies ensure physical access restrictions and recovery in case of hardware exigencies. Besides, Infinite has multiple foolproof anticipatory strategies in place for business continuity and disaster recovery, to ensure seamless operations in the face of natural calamities and disasters.
The Total Quality Management(TQM) concept represents a fundamental change in the definition and treatment of quality in product development. According to the American Society for Quality Control (ASQC), total quality management (TQM) "is a management approach to long-term success through customer satisfaction."
- TQM is based on the participation of all members of an organization to improving processes, products, services, and the culture they work in.
- TQM benefits all organization members and society.
- TQM is both a philosophy and a set of guiding principles that represent the foundation for a continuously improving organization.
- TQM is the application of quantitative methods and human resources to improve the material and services supplied to an organization, and the degree to which the needs of the customers are met, now and in the future.
- TQM integrates fundamental management techniques, existing improvement efforts, and technical tools under a disciplined approach focused on continuous improvement.
Organizations today are outsourcing their projects to subcontractors to reduce cost and maintain or exceed the quality of software. Quality is more important than the difference in costs. Low quality in the long run results in high total cost.
At Extendime, system development processes are constantly improved by introducing new and working methodology, paradigm, standards, practices, techniques, tools, policies, and procedures. Each Extendime staff member improves oneself by updating or even expanding one's skill set.
To build quality into the software, the Extendime's development team have appropriate experience and knowledge. Extendime on-the-job training program is an effective means of obtaining such experience and knowledge. Management assess the skill level of an employee before he or she is assigned to a software project. Different skill levels play different roles and assume different responsibilities in a project. All this requires Extendime's ability to constantly keep tracking the best practice in the field of Management Information System (MIS).